Tuesday, June 02, 2009

So uh, do you work out?

Last night I went to gym and after my workout I hit the showers. Everything was going smoothly, like my usual routine, until after I finished showering and started drying off. I noticed through the crack to the side of the shower curtain, there was a man standing around. He just standing around in the shower room. There were a million showers so there was no way he was looking for a shower. I thought that was weird but I ignored it and when I left to my locker he was gone.

When I got to my locker and started changing back into my normal clothes, this man suddenly came up to me and said, "Hey, I just wanted to say, you have a beautiful body! How often do you coem here? What do you do? Wow, it looks like its really paying off." I found that about 10% flattering and 90% creepy.

I tried to answer his questions as quickly and with as little interest in continuing the conversation as possible. To have somebody come up to me and comment about my body is uncomfortable enough, but we were both also completely naked, which made it super-duper uncomfortable. Mercifully, he left as quickly as he appeared.

Now to be honest, I do not by any means have a beautiful body. Its mediocre at best, but this guy was freakishly, serious health-risk obese. Honestly, I think he just hasn't seen a really beautiful body in a really long time so I really think he just wanted to talk to someone about what it takes to slim down and went about that in the most awkward way possible. Of course, everyone I've asked thinks he was hitting one me, but maybe he was just an awkward guy? I mean really how does one guy approach another guy, who is a complete stranger, to discuss the latter guy's muscles? No matter how you do that, you're at least 10% creepy.

No comments: